At the gas station...

In 1994 I went to Norway and Denmark with my bike (a Suzuki Intruder) to visit my brother in Kristiansand and to go to a Pink Floyd concert in Copenhagen. I took the ferry from Iceland to Bergen in Norway, which is a 2 day trip. I rode from Bergen to Kristiansand via a little mountain village called Hovden. At the local (and only) gas station I saw this bike. A nice looking Pan-Shovel. A quick snap shot of the bike and off I went. Well in 2001 I went with my Panhead the same way, but this time to Iceland via Hovden. And I stopped again at the same gas station to fix some oil leak from the push-rod covers on the pan. Well out came a big man with an even bigger smile and asked if I needed some engine oil.. It turns out that he was the manager at the gas station and had a Harley Fat-boy. Well I told him about the nice Pan-Shovel I had seen in 1994 and he told me that it was his and that he had sold it.. Well a short story long, we are good friends today and he still has the Fat-Boy but not the gas station ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top