Triumph Grand Prix

Some years ago I started collecting parts for a pre `47 classic racer. I had a Triumph rigid frame and a tuned 5T engine.
At the time I was working in a motorcycle shop who was dealing with British bikes. One day I was talking about my plans to a customer, after a while he asked me if I would prefer to build a Grand Prix instead. .....of course I would rather have a Grand Prix....and a new car and a big house. But he was not pulling my leg; he had a lot of genuine GP parts he wanted to sell. Some days later the parts was mine.
Well it`s a long time ago, and now finally I have started to put the bike together. Just to make things a little more complicated my brother and I are assembling four rigid Triumphs at the moment. The first one we bought in 1978!Factory advert from 1946.Here is Ernie Lyons on the first Triumph GP winning the 1946 Senior Grand Prix in the Isle of Man.
The powerplant: 40bhp @ 7,200rpm, top speed: 120mph
Ca 200 exampels of the GP model where produced






This Triumph model is not a GP, just a model. Can be quite confusing, but a Triumph model can cost You more than a GP model.
I will post some photos of the progress later.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

top