STUNNING XS650 dirt-track lookalike chopper

Dig this.... I love Yamaha's old 650 twin, I've owned three of them myself, so imagine my joy when I found this little beauty on the XS650 Chopper website. It looks like an old dirt track Douglas from the late 20s with a 650 lump stuffed into the frame.
Here's what it's creator, Nick at Metal Head Customs, has to say about his awesome machine...

Metal Head Fabrication XS650 boardtracker

This here’s my wannabe boardtrack style xs650. I got the motor for the bike in in Feb 09 and have worked on it off and on till now. The donor was a good running 82 that had 13,000 original miles. The frames been hacked up real good. The only stock part of it left is the lower motor mounts and the neck. It should have been made from the ground up, but I was to lazy at the time. The forks are ones I made for another bike that ended up sitting around for a while. Me and a couple friends have tinkered with it in bits and pieces to get it where it is. Nothin too serious. I’d like to paint the frame shiny black and put a brushed finish on the metal. Right now it’s getting put through it’s paces to sort out the bugs.
The bike handles surprisingly well. The height of the frame rails, the rearward stretch, and the height of the steering neck are almost the same as a normal hardtailed XS. People kind of expect the suspension of the leafer to be rough or harsh, but it’s actually smooth. The big wheels soak up bumps like no ones business too. You can roll this thing up curbs no problem. Overall, it’s a blast to ride.
-Nick
Metalheadcycles.com
http://metalheadfab.blogspot.com/


0 comments:

Post a Comment

top