Wating for Demeter....

We like old sailor tattoos -
Ships, Pin Ups, Eagles and Anchors, no doubt - all classics.



Yesterday I visited one of our local tattoo shops, and noticed a lot of Flashes illustrated with pretty girls faces in profile, decorated with roses and banners with names of the loved ones.

I thought HEY! I gotta´ beat my own ONGO BONGO drum Flash #2..... and a pretty face will make a sweet flash #3

I think I´ll do this like the tattoo guy in the store, one take and only use a couple of hours.
I know this is only a flash on paper so I can´t really compete with the guy in the tattoo store - yet....


First of all! -
A lot of the name-banners in sailor tattoos, were not only about pretty girls, they also referred to ships.

And suddenly one particular ship poped in to my mind -
The DEMETRE...

The badass ship that transported Prins Vlad
(aka. "Dracool" 1431 - 1476) from Transylvania to London.
According to Bram Stoker

And that ship was of cause named after a pretty girl - Miss Demeter.
(aka) - also known as, Ceres..

That´s by the way - according to Greek mythology.

Demeter was the goddess of the harvest, who presided over grains, the fertility of the earth, and the seasons.


And whom dislike fertility, a goddess and Bike riding in August and September.

It´s just beautiful, and don´t get any better.
That´s why my tattoo Flash #3 is named DEMETER.

And can i those,(Yes we can...) then I take Opium flowers instead of roses...

First my sketches -

and color -

I created this flash is in one take. One idea, one sketch, and one hand-colored.
The classic old fashioned way, pencil and markers color, cause they are very fast to use.
And then a Blog post in the end, just for you....

Click on pic. to Enlarge

Look forward to make you all tattoo flashes next year.

Happy New Year

Cheers

Cay

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top