LSK 951



20 years ago, I bought my first Harley-Davidson, this 1962 XLCH.

It was a terrible introduction to the world of American V-Twins. A bitch to start, with totally inadequate brakes for its fearsome performance (once you were rolling, which was usually after many, many minutes of kicking and swearing).

Really wish I had it now though. This is exactly how I bought it (for £2k) from the guy who'd imported the bike. Its mild custom makeover (done in Kansas) was obviously drag-inspired, and with a different seat I reckon this could still be a good looking Sporty.

I sorted out its UK registration and hand-drew the number plate, then sold it after about six months to a local bloke in north London who I think took it touring around Ireland (brave man).

Anyone know where LSK 951 is now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top