An Irish Rudge rebirth

My friend Bill just send me an email regarding an Irish friend of him who is crasy about Rudge motorcycles.
I just give you the email and the pictures he send me. Enjoy.




Hi,
I really enjoyed the video you posted on JJ. I love specials and that Rudge is a very tasty special. It is one machine I would love to have in my garage!! My highest praise to Jean-Claude. My friend in Ireland, Frank Byrne, is a big Rudge fan. His son Ed is also very enthusiastic about Rudges. He sent me a few photos of the engine. It has just been rebuilt but I can't remember the name of the builder. I will e-mail him too. Heres the other two photos of the engine he sent and a photo from the 30s. Its Stanley Woods (standing) and Charlie Manders. Its in the Isle of Man 1933.. And another Rudge at an Irish vintage run last year. I have no info on it except that Frank said it was scruffy but very fast.
Take care.
Bill




Frank Byrne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top