GREEN?

I find myself submersed in this nation's biggest and most popular religious holy day; Global Scam Day, more often referred to as Earth Day.

Thinking about Earth day and its associated zombie like followers, brought to mind a small incident from a month or so back. I was in my full size GM (Government Motors) pickup truck with its gas guzzling 5.7 V8. On my way to work, I happened to find myself at a stoplight beside a little cracker box car which was all painted up in various shades of green. The signage on the car indicated that it was part of an "Eco Friendly" package delivery service. I can hardly describe how impressed I was with the obvious attempt to save the world from humanity.

As a matter of fact, I was so impressed, that I decided to show my enthusiasm. For the duration of the red light, I continually gunned the 350 cubic inches of Detroit cast iron. And I don't just mean tapping the throttle. No, I mean gunning the engine as though I was in the staging lanes at a drag strip, ready to make a record attempt! I am sure the glass packs on my truck allowed the driver next to me to share in my jubilation. Some might even call it "noise pollution."

Of course, after this show of braggadocio, there was no way to end it except in a haze of tire smoke as the light turned green. Chirping the tires as I banged second gear put a smile on my face that lasted most of the day. The smile ....partly from the adrenaline of using a big V8 the way it was meant to be used, and partly from the satisfaction of knowing that I had likely used up as many resources in my short tirade as my audience's Eco box would in the next several days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top